Open Sugar Kettles
601 South Vaughn Drive
Brusly, LA 70719
Open sugar kettles, originally used to produce granulated sugar, were phased out beginning about 1830. This kettle purchased from Cinclare Plantation in the 1960s by Vernon and Joyce Peavy Caffarel, was last used to water livestock.
Donated by Vernon and Joyce Peavy Caffarel to the Town of Brusly, in commemoration of the Brusly Centennial October 2001, with sincere wishes for the kettle to be enjoyed by present and future generations.