Louis Mouch, Jr., Multi-Purpose Facility
152 Turner Road, Port Allen, LA 70767
The arena is owned and operated by the West Baton Rouge Parish Parks & Recreation Department.
Rental of the arena is handled by the arena staff at (225) 388-9125.
The facility has 2 large covered areas. One is a riding arena for shows, and the other is a covered horse barn, which is available for horse boarding as needed. Call Jason Leblanc, our facility manager, to get more information about boarding horses. The Facility is open during most events, such as 4-H shows, SLTSA, Barrel Racing, and RSNC ect. for the public to sit and watch the events. There is a fenced- in children's play area with a large play set for children to enjoy during events.
We have several different events throughout the year for the public to participate in, such as Dog Shows, Riding Events, 4-H live stock shows, and an annual fair is hosted here.
For more information on the West Baton Rouge Parish Louis Mouch Jr. Multi-Purpose Facility, please call either the arena at (225) 338-9125 or Jason LeBlanc at (225) 279-4358. You can also email Jason directly.
Rental of the Multi-Purpose Facility for a Livestock event:
- Single Day Rental: $400.00 for a single day rental, or 10% of gross receipt, whichever is greater.
- Multiple Day Rentals: If the rental is for 2 or more consecutive days, rental will be $350.00 per day, or 10% of gross receipts, whichever is greater.
- Non-Livestock Events and Rodeos: $600.00 per day or 10% of gross receipts,whichever is greater.
- Tractor Drivers: An additional $75.00 per day will be assessed for the WBR Recreation Dept. to provide a facilities tractor operator. Only certified WBR Parish employees are allowed to operate the tractor.
- Move In/Move Out Days: Charges for move in/move out days are $50.00 per hour after regular business hours. Regular business hours are 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM., Monday thru Friday inclusive. There is no charge if done during these hours and the center is not rented.
- ***Rental hours are from 7:00 AM until 1:00 AM. If rental exceeds 18 hours per day, an additional $50.00 per hour will be charged. (This 18-hour rate does not apply to multiple day events.)
- One-Half Day Rental :$200.00 for a (7) hour period with no admission charges. Rental hours are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM or 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM. If another activity is NOT scheduled that day, additional hours are available at $25.00 per hour up to a limit of $300.00 per day. If admission is charged, rental fee is $350.00 or 10% of gross receipts, whichever is greater.
- Three (3) hour Special Event Rental: rental for practice and agricultural use for youth groups.
Follow us on Facebook
GaitWay Therapeutic Horsemanship:
GaitWay is a nonprofit organization providing Equine (horse) Assisted Activities and Therapies (EAAT) to all ages of the special needs community. Gaitway offers a journey toward independence by empowering those who have been challenged with disabilities, accidents, or illness through Adaptive Sports Riding, Interactive Jumping, and Equine Facilitated Therapy.